From Metal to Jazz, Classic Rock to Hip Hop, Funk to Latin, our custom made drums will always deliver the ideal, no matter what you love to play!
We pride ourselves on discussing with each and every one of our clients through email or Skype all the different options we have to make their dream instrument a reality! We can create your dream set of drums in practically any diameter sizes from 6” Toms to 26” Bass Drums with any thickness you require to develop your own unique sound. We aim to change how custom drums are made and sold to benefit our customers and the drumming community. And we are doing that… One drum at a time!
We offer free shipping to the UK but also ship Worldwide, so no matter where you are, we can always get your drums and percussion directly to you!
From the very beginning, The Supernova Drum Company has been focussed on pushing the envelope. We are striving to offer everyone their chance to own their very own custom drums. How are we doing this?
SDCo. is the first ever custom company where you decide how much work you want done to your drums! You can have them made entirely by us, or enjoy putting together their own drums in varying stages. We now give YOU a choice of 4 different Levels of production! Choose from any of our many options including Shells, Finishes and Hardware to create your own ideal set of drums! Get a quote for any drums you are after with your own choice of Production Level by clicking on the links here :
Level 1 :
Shell & All the Parts you need!
With Level 1, you are given all of the components to create your very own drum. We will give you the relevant know how and assistance to get you up and running!
The most cost effective option to take with each Drum being around half the price of a fully completed one!
Level 2 :
Shell with Bearing Edges & Snare Beds as well as All the Parts
With Level 2, we will cut the Bearing Edges and Snare Beds for you as well as give you all the components you need. You can then create your drums to suit!
Level 3 :
Finishes Added & All the Parts
With Level 3, we will fully finish your drum shell but not drill or screw on any of the component parts included.
Level 4 :
Fully Completed Drums
With Level 4, the whole drum is fully finished with all of your chosen component parts added. Straight out of the box playability!
Only the Level 4 drums are signed and numbered inside by us.
All of our drums will come with your choice of Hardware and SDCo. Nameplate as well as any other options you require.
Start by choosing your dream set of drums from our 11 different Shells using Wood, Metal or Acrylic, many of which are unique to SDCo!
All of our Shells are constructed in both traditional as well as modern styles by mixing many different Wood species in various ways to produce contrasting sounds that will work for any musical setting. To see our complete list of Drum Shells, please click here.
We are not like the majority of other custom drum companies who use pre-made Keller Shells, or as they might put them ’100% American Maple’, all our drums are TRULY custom, each one created just for YOU from scratch!
We are proud to offer a large choice of quality Finishes for your drums! We have a great selection of Finishes including :
Wraps | Naturals | Stains | Custom Wraps | Exotic Wood Veneers |
Distressed Vintage Paint Effect | Oils | Lacquers | Sprays | Acrylic | Custom Artwork
If you are choosing Levels 1 & 2 as your production option, we will assist you as much as possible with your finishes.
Here are some are some of our favourite drums from the past and present featuring our wide range of Finishes :
We offer 7 different Lugs with 11 different combinations to fully compliment the look of your drums. Single and Double Ended, Circular, Teardrop and Retro styles, we have every look covered!
We also offer Hardware in 3 Colours on the majority of our Hoops and Lugs : Chrome, Black Nickel and Brass.
We can add on 6 choices of Strainers to your custom Snare with different levering actions to fully support your style of playing!
We currently offer 4 styles of Hoops to your drums : Triple Flanged, Die Cast, Classic Style Wood and Yamaha Style Wood. We will soon be introducing Single Flanged & S Hoops.
We offer 5 different looks of our Name Plates : Metal, Wooden (Cutout Logo & Cutout Background), Mirror and Radiance.
We can also create Custom Name Plates for you of your Name, Band or any other image you want!
Whether you are playing drums in the world’s biggest stadiums or in your own bedrooms, we are committed to treat all our customers, artists and future friends equally. Be assured that we are focused on professionally helping you construct and making the best drums that you will ever play!
BUT WHY CHOOSE SDCo.?
1. We want you to have your ideal set of Drums, so from the start we communicate with you to fully plan out what you are after. We will suggest different Shell Options, Bearing Edges and Finishes to create the sound and vision of your dream kit. WE ALWAYS ENCOURAGE OUR CURRENT AND FUTURE CUSTOMERS TO CORRESPOND DIRECTLY WITH US TO TALK DRUMS THROUGH EMAIL AND SKYPE!
2. EVERYTHING WE MAKE IS TRULY CUSTOM! There is nothing pre-made, once an order comes in and your drums are discussed, then production starts on them right away!
3. WE ARE THE ONLY CUSTOM DRUM COMPANY IN THE WORLD THAT OFFERS YOU YOUR OWN LEVEL OF PRODUCTION! Want us to do everything for you, it would be our pleasure! Want to put together your own custom drums, not a problem, we'll kit you out with everything you need! We also offer support when you are making your own SDCo. Drums. Through Skype or email, we will give you any advice you need.
4. We want our drums to be truly accessible to everyone! WE WANT OUR CUSTOMERS TO TREAT OUR PRICE LIST AS A GUIDE, IF YOU WANT TO CHAT TO US TO GET A DEAL ON YOUR DRUMS THEN GO RIGHT AHEAD! You get a better deal and we get to produce more great drums! Our custom Snare prices start from £255 / €300 / US $410. Bespoke 4 Piece Kit prices start from £1,265 / €1,490 / US $1,940. Check out our Ordering page here.
5. WE SHIP WORLDWIDE, so no matter where you are, we can get our Drums & Percussion to you! Shipping prices starting from £12 for a Snare Drum and £15 for a 4 piece Drum Kit! We now offer FREE SHIPPING to the U.K for Kits, Snares & Cajons!
The Supernova Drum Company, (formerly Supernova Custom Drums) are based on the island of Jersey, the most southerly island in the British Isles and part of the Channel Islands lying just 14 miles from the coast of France.
After two years of development, Supernova Drum Co. was fully established in March 2011 by Chris Troy who has been obsessed with the drums since 1993. Chris has now been joined by Mikey Foulerton, another keen drum builder who is based in the UK, both in Brighton and in Somerset.
Every drum we create for our customers has been carefully crafted to ensure that they achieve the best look and sound possible. We are pleased to offer our customers only the finest drum shells, hardware and extras. Our custom snares and drum kits are offered to you in a massive range of choices giving you literally hundreds of alternatives using wood, metal and acrylic shells.
To enquire about our drums, please check out the Ordering page to price up your own custom made Kit and/or Snare and then fill in our SDco. Snare, Kit and Cajon Order Forms and we will contact you back with a final quote. We will endeavor to get your drums/shells to you as soon as possible.
Email us for information on all of the options above. We will get back to you within 24 hours! Please check our Terms & Conditions page before ordering.